Vacancy Announcement: Research Assistants - Chair for European and Multilevel Politics (Prof. Sven-Oliver Proksch)
The Chair for European and Multilevel Politics (Prof. Sven-Oliver Proksch) at the Cologne Center for Comparative Politics (CCCP) is looking for research assistants (8 to 10 hours per week each). The desired start date is 1 October 2021. The research assistants will support various research projects on European legislative politics and quantitative data analysis.
• Collect, preprocess, and manage political science data (including comparative parliamentary speech data and social media data)
• Support the team in organizing teaching
• Perform basic statistical analyses
• Assist the team with organisation of events
• BA or MA student in social/political science
• Knowledge of comparative politics and EU politics
• Motivation, commitment, and ability to work independently
• Basic statistical training and experience with statistical software
• Willingness to learn advanced data management procedures in R
• Excellent oral and written English skills
• Excellent grades
• Pay according to standards of the University of Cologne for research assistants: at the moment 10,20 Euro/hour for BA students and 11,86 Euro/hour for students with a Bachelor degree.
• Chance to gain first-hand experience in current research projects
• Opportunity to improve or develop quantitative research skills
• Participation in an international research team
• Opportunity to write BA or MA theses supervised by members of the Chair
Please submit your application in English (letter of motivation, CV, grade transcript, and possibly additional evidence of qualifications) as a single PDF file to firstname.lastname@example.org. Application deadline is July 31, 2021. Job talks will be held on August 10, 2021.
Currently no vacancies at the CCCP