The Chair for Comparative Political Economy (Professor Christine Trampusch) at the Cologne Center for Comparative Politics (CCCP) at the University of Cologne is looking for a Doctoral Research Fellow (50%)
The Cologne Center for Comparative Politics (CCCP) brings together junior and senior political scientists at the University of Cologne, who work on comparative research related to electoral politics and representation, political institutions, political eco-nomy, and political methodology. The doctoral research fellow will be integrated into CCCP, the Cologne Graduate School and will work in a vibrant academic environment that is also connected to the Max Planck Institute for the Study of Societies (MPIfG).The CCCP is part of the Cluster of Excellence ECONtribute: Market & Public Policy. The position is located at the chair for Comparative Political Economy (Professor Christine Trampusch).
- Development and completion of a PhD project related to the comparative political economy of, for example, digital capitalism, finance capitalism, welfare states, skill formation or industrial relations
- Teaching and supervision of students
- Additional research activities and representation of the research activities in the national and international context
- An excellent Masters degree in political science with strong knowledge in comparative and/or international political economy
- Profound knowledge in qualitative and/or quantitative research methods
- Excellent proficiency in English
Applications should be submitted in English and include a research proposal, CV, copies of transcripts and degree certificates, a writing sample, and one letter of reference. Please send your convincing application by email (in one pdf-file) with the reference number wiss2004-09 to Professor Christine Trampusch (christine.trampuschuni-koeln.de). Letters of reference should be sent separately to the same email address by the same deadline. For further information please contact Professor Trampusch.
The application deadline is 05.06.2020.